Had the chance to get some typical Zurich saussages yesterday, Wiedikerli with fennel seeds, which only needed a colourful and hearty side dish. The waxy potatos needed using, so did the fennel and therefore I decided to prepare this none-mayonnaise potato salad. The leftovers gave a lovely lunch today.
Italian potato salad
- Middle sized cooking pot
- Salad bowl
- 8 waxy potatos preferably all the same size
- 10 cherry tomatos
- 1/4 bouquet basil finely chopped
- 2 tea spoons capers washed
- 20 black olives without stones
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 1 fennel finely chopped
- 8 leaves of green salad
- 5 table spoons olive oil extra virgin
- Boil the waxy potatos until they are nice and firm. Peal them immediately and set aside to cool.
- Remove the stones from the olives and cut the olives in half.
- Wash the capers.
- Cut the cherry tomatos in half.
- Wash the salad leaves and tear them into smaller pieces.
- Chop the remaining ingredients finely and then mix all ingredients carefully in a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil and taste for salt and pepper