The weather has turned to be rather wet and cold again (thank God, as we needed the rain sooo badly) and this calls for more comforting food.
Try to get a real Italian spicy sausage…the flavour of it will make all the difference for this dish. As you can see in my receipe, I added some carrots that needed using…not sure I would do that again. Maybe fennel would be better?
During the baking phase, I turned turned the ingredients twice making sure that the potatos and the sausage are always covered in the liquid the tomatos are releasing.
Spicy Italian sausage baked with potatos
- Pot suitable for the oven
- 4 spicy Italian sausages
- 12 waxy potatos
- 2 peppers I used a yellow and a red one for colours
- 4 tomatos
- 4 carrots they needed using up, but fennel might be better
- 4 table spoons olive oil
- 2 tea spoons fennel seeds
- parsley to garnish, I chopped the stems and cooked them
- heat up the oven to 170 degrees
- chop up the sausages into small pieces and put into the pot
- add the olive oil and fennel seeds
- chop all the vegetables and add to the pot, with the exception of the parsley leaves
- season with salt and pepper
- bake in the oven for approx. 45mins - 1h - this all depends on your sausages and potatoes
- garnish with parsley before serving