We had a lot of fresh herbs/greens in the fridge the other day and I thought it would be a pitty to throw them away – I am a vicious fighter against food waste.
This cake was a lovely side to a BBQ, where we had salads and some vegi burgers.
Cake with fresh herbs
- 2-3 bunches of fresh herbs I used parsley, some baby kale and the green of carrots. You can use whatever you have available. Be sure to chop the herbs finely
- 2 eggs
- 160 g flour
- 130 g milk
- 1 envelope of baking powder
- 55 g sun flower oil
- 140 g cheese I used 3 labna balls I made the other day
- Chop the herbs finely and set aside.
- Seperate the eggs and beat the egg whites until they are completely stiff and set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks until they are fluffy before adding the flour, milk, salt, chopped herbs, cheese, baking power, salt and oil.
- Once you have a homogeneous mass, gently mix the egg whites without stiring too much.
- Fill the mass into your buttered cake form and bake for about 50 minutes at 160 degrees.