Mainly insprired by the mediterranean ways of cooking chicken, I quickly made this very tasty and full-on flavoured chicken the other day. The lemon and olives bring out the best in chicken – there is no need to add much more.
I served this with a warm lentil and beetroot salad as a side, which ended up being enough for two lunches a couple of days later.
Chicken with lemon and olives
- oven safe dish
- 2 chicken legs
- 1 bio lemon
- 10 black olives without the stones
- 1 large garlic clove cut into small slices
- 2 table spoons parsley flat parsley, finely cut
- 1 large sip white wine
- drizzle olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Wash the chicken legs and make some small cuts regularly on all sides. Insert a finely cut slice of garlic into each of the cuts.
- Cut the lemon into slices and distribute evenly over the chicken legs. Add the stoneless olives.
- Add the salt and pepper as well as the white wine and olive oil. Before putting the dish into the oven, cover with the finely chopped parsley.
- Bake at 180 degrees until the chicken is tender and easily comes off the bone - roughly 40-60 minutes (depending on the size of the chicken leg).
- I served the chicken with a warm lentil and beetroot salad.