I got 3 kg of super yummy zucchini on Friday…just in time for some weekend cooking.
As a first I made these zucchini pancakes, which were the stars of the brunch. Of course you can also serve them for lunch or dinner with a nice salad. Salmon could be the ideal proteins to add, if you wish to do so.
- 200 g zucchini
- fine salt
- 2 eggs
- 60 g flour
- 1 onion I used the green part of 1 spring onion
- 20 g grated cheese I used parmesan, but feta or pecorino would also work well
- 2 table spoons olive oil
Preparation of the zucchini
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise and sprinkle with fine salt. Set aside for 1h.
- Squeeze the zucchini with your hands to remove all of the water
- Grate the drained zucchini
- Beat the eggs with a fork before adding the grated zucchini.
- Add the flour, grated cheese, chopped onion and pepper. Mix well.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and carefully cook the pancakes until they are golden brown.
- Decorate before serving as you wish... I added a teaspoon of crème fraîche and two halved cherry tomatoes for a bit of colour. Serve warm.
You must log in to post a comment.