Wow, what an explosion of flavours: chicken marinated in date molasses.
Three from the five basic tastes are triggered with every delicious bite: sweet, salty and bitterness. Accompanied with a green salad and some rice, this is a quick and rewarding meal to serve.
Chicken marinated in date molasses
For the marinade
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 bio orange zest and juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard I used a rather heaped teaspoon
- 2 table spoons soja sauce
- 4 table spoons date molasses
- 2 table spoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 pieces of chicken you can use whichever piece you like, I used rather large chicken breasts
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl, making sure you really get everything mixed together into a nice and soft marinade. Because of the different consistency of the different ingredients, this takes some time.
- Place your chicken pieces into an oven proof dish just large enough to hold the chicken and the marinade. Cover the dish and let it rest in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours. I left it for 8 hours, turned the chicken pieces from time to time and was pleasantly surprised how soft the marinade had made the chicken. So if you have enough time, it is worth it!
- Preheat the oven to 190° and once it is warm, roast the chicken for at least 20-25 minutes. The exact time really depends on your chicken pieces. Just make sure that when you poke a fork into your chicken, the juices are clear.
You must log in to post a comment.