The spicy sausage, the colourful peppers and the salty ricotta salata…a quick mid-week pasta dish satisfying cravings on yet another cold and wet summer evening.
Rigatoni with spicy sauce and peppers
- 180 g rigatoni (you can exchange the format of pasta to whatever you prefer)
- 2 table spoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 2 peppers cut into cubes of ca. 0.5 cm I had a red and a green/orange one to add a bit of colour
- ½ chilli finely chopped I removed the small pits
- 2 tea spoons capers
- 5 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 spicy sausages cut into the same size as the peppers
- ricotta salata
- basil leaves
- Gently fry the finely chopped garlic in the olive oil. Be careful not to burn it…you want the olive oil to be infused with the garlic, but you don’t want the garlic to turn bitter.
- Add the chopped peppers, the capers and the chilli and fry on a low to medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add the sausages and continue to fry while stirring the ingredients for another 5 mintes. Now add the tomatoes and cover your pan with a lid. Turn the heat to low and let the sauce simmer while you cook your pasta.
- Once your pasta is al dente, add some of the sauce to your drained pasta and stir carefully. Serve the pasta on some nice pasta dishes, top it with a generous amount of the sauce, grate some ricotta salata over it and decorate the dish with some fresh basil.
You must log in to post a comment.