A quick weekday dinner with some of the best spring has to offer: cime di rape and new potatoes. As Italian, I felt this dish needed a traditional Italian sausage to complete it.
Cime di rape with Italian sausage and new potatoes
- 2 Italian sausages up to you if you would like to get a spice sausage, one with fennel seeds, etc. Important for the full flavour of the dish is to get an Italian sausage done in the traditional way.
- 4-6 new potatoes depending on their size
- 2 bunches cime di rape try to get them without the flowers already on them
- 1 bio lemon
- Cut the sausages into small rolls and fry at medium heat on all four sides.
- Cook the new potatoes with their skin on. Depending on their size, this will take about 5-7 minutes. Be careful not to overcook them. Once they are done, drain them and add them to the sausage. Reduce the heat in the pan.
- Quickly blanche the cime di rape for 2-3 minutes in salted water. Drain them and also add them to the sausages and potatoes. Reduce the heat even more and let it all simmer together for 4-5 minutes. Add the juice and zest of a lemon. Once the juice has been absorbed, serve immediately.