This risotto surprises with the freshness of the pomegranate seeds, the sharp ruccola as well as with the creaminess of the manchego.
Risotto with ruccola and pomegranate seeds
A vegetarian risotto with a surprisingly fresh taste
Servings 2 people
- 1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 table spoons olive oil
- 1 cup risotto rice
- 2 dl white wine
- 1 teaspoon vegetable bouillon
- 0.5 l boiling water
- 100 g Manchego, grated
- 3 table spoons pomegranate seeds
- 50 g ruccola
- 20 g roasted almond sticks
- Roast the chopped onion and garlic clove in the olive oil on medium heat while being careful not to burn them.
- Add the risotto rice and let it roast until the grains are shiny. Then pour the white wine over the rice and on a low to medium heat let everything simmer until the wine has evaporated.
- Next add the bouillon and the boiling water and carefully stir everything before letting the rice cook until it is al dente.
- To finish off, stir in the grated Manchego and ⅔ of the ruccola. Turn off the heat and let the risotto rest for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve the risotto with a few pomegranate seeds, a few ruccola leaves and some roasted almond sticks.