We found some delicious looking pulpo last weekend at the market in Pernes-les-Fontaines and I could simply not resist the freshness and temptation!
I made this receipe up as I went along and was really happy with the overall taste and the balanced flavours … the lemon zest, the taste of white wine I used to rince the can of cherry tomatoes …
A different ratatouille with pulpo
- 400 g fresh pulpo
- 3 large carrots
- 3 large zucchini
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 can cherry tomatoes including the juice
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 table spoons olive oil
- 2 table spoons butter
- 1/2 finely chopped chilli
- salt and pepper
- 1 bio lemon, zest only
- parsley as decoration
- Add the garlic and onion to the hot olive oil and let them gently simmer until they have turned golden, but not brown.
- Add the chopped carrots and stir them continuously until they have become soft, roughly 5-7 minutes.
- Next add the butter and let this melt gently before adding the chopped zucchini and chilli. Now let the vegetables simmer before adding the cherry tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste before covering the pan with a lid and letting everything cook on a low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Finally, add the cut pulpo and the lemon zest and stir carefully before letting everything amalgamate for roughly 10 mintues.
- Serve immeditaly with some tasty bread to scoop up the tasty juices and some parsley as decoration.
You must log in to post a comment.