A real summer treat … perfect for dessert, a brunch or afternoon coffee…
Be careful when mixing the berries under the batter so that they are kept whole and don’t leave the cake too moist.
Mixed berries and almond cake
- 2 large eggs
- 200 g sugar
- 2 tea spoons vanilla powder
- 100 ml sunflower oil
- 1 bio lemon zest only
- 2 tablespoons milk this is only needed if you dough is too dry after adding the berries
- 150 g plain flour
- ½ tea spoon salt
- 1 tea spoon baking powder
- 90 g chopped almonds you may choose to use walnuts or any other nut instead
- 400 g mixed berries I used blackberries and raspberries
- icing sugar for dusting
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C. Grease the sides of a 22cm springform pan with soft butter and lay a round of baking paper on the bottom of the pan. Place the pan on a tray and set aside.
- Whip the eggs, sugar and vanilla together in the bowl of an electric mixer with a whip attachment on high for approximately 2 minutes, until the eggs have lightened in colour and are light and airy. Slowly drizzle in the oil while the machine is still on high.
- Now add the dry ingredients and the chopped almonds and combine. Lastly, fold in the berries.
- Pour into your pan and bake for approximately 40 minutes until a cake tester tested in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
You must log in to post a comment.