This is a perfect weekday receipe for all the pasta lovers out there: it is quickly put together and sooo tasty – the lemon gives this dish the freshness, while the creamy chèvre makes it umami.
Obviously you can play around with the ingredients and use any cheese and most vegetables as well as many different pasta forms – have fun 🙂
Fusilli with chèvre, eggplant, pancetta and lemon
- 250 g fusilli you can substitute this with any pasta shape you prefer
- Olive oil enough to cover the bottom of the pan
- 1 large garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 spring onion finely chopped
- 1 medium sized eggplant
- 2 table spoons chèvre I used the soft kind, which makes the pasta dish a bit more creamy. Using a harder chèvre would give the dish more of a cheesy flavour, but less creamy.
- 2 table spoons pancetta in small dices
- 1 bio lemon zest and juice
- some basil leaves finely chopped for decoration
- salt and pepper
- Gently fry the finely chopped garlic and spring onion until they are glassy. Be careful not to use too much heat - you don't want them to become brown.
- Add the diced eggplant, reduce the heat and let this simmer for a good 5 minutes until the eggplant is soft. I added a lit to the pan so that the moisture stayed and the dices did not burn.
- Set up a pan of hot water and cook the fusilli al dente with the usual amount of salt.
- Add the pancetta to the soft eggplant dices and let them fry still on mediaum heat until the fat has been absorbed by the eggplant.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice and chèvre and reduce the heat immediately. Let the mixture simmer with a closed lid until your pasta is ready. Drain the fusilli and mix in the same pan with the eggplant mixture. To serve, add a few sliced leaves of basil.