It’s definitely the season of zucchini and this tasty bread is a great addition to a brunch or served with a salad. It keeps well for 1-2 days.
Zucchini and cheese bread
Servings 1 loaf
- 350 g whole wheat flour
- 10 g dry yeast
- 1 medium sized zucchini
- 200 g grated hard cheese I used a local cheese, which is nice and salty
- 6 springs of thyme leaves only
- 50 g rolled oats
- 250 ml buttermilk
Preparation of the zucchini
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise and sprinkle them with fine salt. Set aside for 1 hour.
- Mix the flour, rolled oats, dry yeast and thyme leaves.
- Add the grated cheese.
- Once the zucchini have rested for an hour, squeeze any liquids out with your hands. Grate the zucchini and add them to the rest of the dough.
- Mix all ingredients together into a homogeneous dough and form a bread. Sprinkel with cheese and some pumpkin seeds before baking it at 180 degrees for 1 hour.
- Let it cool a bit before serving it with butter.