A great way to celebrate Spring: (even though the weather is really still quite wintery) some fresh and crisp green asparagus pasta accompanied by a lemon ricotta sauce.
Spring pasta dish
- 500 g green asparagus
- olive oil enough to just cover the bottom of your pan
- 20 g butter
- 300 g ricotta
- 1 dl liquid cream
- 1 dl milk
- salt and pepper
- chilli flakes
- 300 g pasta ideal is a pasta with a rough texture such as fusilli
- Wash, trim and cut the asparagus into pieces the size of your pasta.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil and the butter before adding the asparagus. Roast on a middle heat until the asparagus is soft, but still crisp.
- Reduce the heat and then add the ricotta. Stir continuously. Once the ricotta has melted a bit, add the liquid cream and the milk and continue to stir.
- Peel ½ lemon and remove the inner skin completely, then cut the lemon into small pieces. Add the zest of the lemon and the lemon flesh to the ricotta mixture. Season with some salt and a generous amount of pepper. Reduce the heat to a minimum.
- Cook the pasta al dente. Next toss the pasta into the lemony ricotta sauce and add some chili before serving.
You must log in to post a comment.